Dental bonding is a quick and affordable procedure in which a high density, composite enamel-like resin is applied to a tooth and hardened with a special light. These special resins have properties very similar to the tooth’s natural dentin, and can be applied in a wide array of colors. Bonding allows for dependable fusion and excellent color replication to perfectly match surrounding teeth. This treatment is beneficial in promoting a healthy and improved appearance to your smile.
When Should I Consider Dental Bonding?
The option of dental bonding treatment should be considered if you:
- Need to repair cracked or chipped teeth
- Need to repair decayed teeth
- Want to improve the look of discolored teeth
- Want to close spaces between teeth
If you live near Waukesha and are considering an affordable cosmetic dental treatment, then bonding is the right choice for you.
How our Dental Bonding Procedure Works
Bonding is a relatively simple and painless procedure. Depending on the nature and complexity of the underlying problem, once you arrive at our Waukesha office the bonding treatment typically takes between 30 and 60 minutes for each tooth. In all cases our dentist takes the necessary time and care to ensure that your tooth looks perfect.
In the majority of bonding cases anesthesia is not necessary because the procedure is painless.
Anesthesia may be used, however, if a cavity is being filled.
1. First our dentist will examine the tooth that the resin will be applied to. The dentist will use a color shade guide to assure the composite resin will match the color of your tooth and look natural.
2. Next our dentist prepares the tooth for the bonding material by gently roughing the surface of the tooth. Once the surface is adequately prepared, the dentist applies a conditioning liquid to improve the bonding surface.
3. Next the colored resin is applied to the tooth and the dentist carefully molds and shapes it to conform to the natural look of your tooth.
4. When the dentist is satisfied that the resin takes on the natural shape and appearance of your tooth, a special polymerization light is used for one or two minutes to cure and fuse the resin to the tooth.
5. Upon completion of the fusion and curing process, our dentist concludes the bonding treatment by polishing and/or shaping your tooth. That’s it!
How do I Schedule a Bonding Treatment at Bayer & Fahl?
In most cases this procedure can be taken care of with one visit to our Waukesha office, depending on how many teeth you need bonded.
If you feel you can benefit from professional dental bonding treatment in Waukesha, please contact the dentists at Bayer & Fahl to schedule an appointment. Call 262-542-2293
Share this socially: